There are many opportunities for businesses in Denbighshire to join networks and groups with other like-minded business people; Town Centre business groups, Chambers of Trade and trade associations are but a few. As well as the opportunities to network offered by attending Events, Conferences and Shows, there are also free online networks such as LinkedIn which are quick easy to become part of.
Choosing which to participate in can be a personal choice but the principles of Networking for Business remain the same. It’s good for everyone’s business!
Networking offers the chance to:
- learn new things
- gather information
- get help with problems from people with appropriate knowledge
- find out what competitors are doing!
- meet potential new clients and customers and form new alliances
It can also help your business keep up to date with latest trends, new regulations or general industry developments. It’s not just about getting sales but sharing information and helping other businesses too.
Hints and Tips for Networking at Events
- If you’re attending an event talk about it. Use Twitter and LinkedIn to spread the word
- Make the most of the event by inviting clients and customers
- Read the attendance list and choose 2 or 3 people you’d like to meet, and find them
- Allow plenty of time to meet people and distribute business cards
- Make your business stand out and do a one minute elevator pitch at the event
- Don’t just talk, but listen, and be prepared to share your knowledge
- Smile and get yourself into a photo, you never know where your face might show up!
- Make sure you follow up with any contacts you make within a couple of days
- Join a business group and share contacts and referrals
The Business Benefits
- Staying current and knowing the market is the basis of a good business plan
- More leads, business opportunities and potential suppliers or customers for the business
- Improved business reputation and confidence
- Improved bottom line
- More fun!
Finding Events Near You
Keep an eye on websites and Twitter for up and coming events and workshops. Visit Business Wales or Denbighshire County Council for Business, LinkedIn, Twitter or Eventbrite to keep up to date with local events. Take the leap – talk to your fellow businesses and see what is available in your town or area.